Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

User Profile Synchonization Service Starting and stop Sharepoint 2013

My User profile synchronization service for some reason stop and it can't start it. I try to manual start (Central Admin -> Services on Server), it say starting and couple minute later will stop. I think my stop because I update SharePoint to March CU.I check and both "Forefront Identity manager Service" and "Forefront Identity Manager Synchronization Service" are both disable and stop. Here what I did that seem to fix. 
  • Verify the service account that run timer service is local admin to server. In my case it was not admin so I have to add it local admin and restart server.
  • The Sync account have replicate directory change permission.
  • I start the User profile synchronization service on central admin
  • I do an SharePoint Timer Service Restart
  • I wait couple minute and it show started.
  • I do another iisreset.
  • I now check window service and both "Forefront Identity manager Service" and "Forefront Identity Manager Synchronization Service" started

No comments:

Post a Comment